Instructor/Competition Choreographer and Director’s Assistant (Part time)
Are you looking for an opportunity to teach and inspire young dancers on their individual dance journey? Do you teach through positive reinforcement and encouragement, valuing each and every student? Do you enjoy competition, but enjoy the process more than the trophy? Would you thrive in a small, family-owned studio environment?
If this describes you, then we would love to have you as an instructor at Sullivan Dance Centre!
Sullivan Dance Centre is looking for an Instructor/Competition Choreographer and Director’s Assistant to work approximately 4-8 hours a week, plus winter weekend rehearsals for competition teams (January-March). Our ideal candidate is proficient in Jazz, Tap, Lyrical, Contemporary for competition and Modern (preferably Horton technique). Hip Hop a plus.
– At least five years teaching experience in a commercial studio environment
– Experience with choreographing for and directing of competition dancers with a love for the process, not the trophy.
– Proficient with ages 7-17 and enjoys and recognizes the benefits of working with all of these ages.
– Dance, Musical Theatre or Education degree a plus but not required
– Certifications from professional dance organizations a plus but not required
– Strong classical ballet foundation
Please submit résumé with cover letter, choreography reel link, headshot (optional) and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.